Thursday, September 22, 2011

Domestic Success: A fall purse

Alrighty... anyone who has read this riveting blog since I started it whenever ago may remember the "Domestic Success" posts. Well, ladies and gentlemen they're back!

Behold the first Domestic Success of this new era:


I decided to make me a new fall bag rather than buying one because I get really picky when it comes to purses. I bought this Amy Butler pattern back in May and finally decided to whip it out last weekend after I'd finally found fabric I liked.

It's kind of a bit bigger than I imagined it, like one of those annoying HUGE chick bags but I still like it cuz I made it (and I've already lost my keys 14 times). I'll be making more of these little projects because they're pretty easy for the fledgling sewer like myself.

So cheers to having great fall/winter projects and stay tuned for something else...

1 comment:

Hoenes Family said...

I can tell you exactly what pattern that is without even clicking on your Amy Butler link. I happen to own the Birdie Sling pattern ;) I wouldn't say this is a beginners pattern. It took my cousin all day to figure hers out. I think it is a super fun pattern and can't count how many I have made. If you lose your keys, you might want to consider adding an extra pocket. You did a good job. Love the material!