Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Awe struck

So, I went to the Utah State Fair last weekend. I've been to this fair a few times now but somehow managed (much to my dismay) to MISS the most incredible, jaw dropping display this place has to offer. We're talking tears here people - I actually had tears whilst walking around this particular portion of the fair.

I'm talking about the CREATIVE ARTS pavilion. Oh yes! You heard me. Just take a look at some of the gems I got pictures of. I mean, it's almost like I'm speechless - but not...

What is this creepy cowboy doing? You can't see it in this pic very well but it was like he was trying to be sexy and wink at you with his hips all cocked to one side and riding a bucking horse! He got a "best of show" ribbon?!?

This one I couldn't believe was actually taken seriously... Not the wood box, the tree. The store bought ficus with a TIN FOIL BIRD glued into it!! See that white blob in the middle of the tree? Yeah, that's the bird. I kid you not. Blue ribbon.

And this one...

Oh my. Yes, that is for real. I'm not really one for religious relics, "art" and such and this is no exception. It was hideous. And it got a blue ribbon - they all got ribbons. Creative Arts is a term used pretty liberally I guess but I'm ok with that because it was the most entertaining part of the whole night.

But for serious now... this was the ONE thing I had to see this year and it did not disappoint. KACEY!! This one is for you:

The Dairy Farmers of Utah "butter cow" 2011 sculpture. This puppy is made of butter, lots and lots of yummy butter. And it's Will and Kate!! We love them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! oh poo. you always put a huge smile on my face. I wish I could've seen all those beauties...wow!!!

Dianne said...

Creative arts is always a treasure trove. I snapped some pics of some pretty awesome (read: AWFUL) scrapbook entries there. Glad you had fun!

Kacey Haffner-Bruce said...

BUTTER!!!!!!!

"All you need is love" said...

Tin foil bird...yikes, who are these weirdos? Who are these judges?