Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Quickies...

Here are a two projects I did in the last week.

Numero Uno:
Zina mentioned that she wanted a autumn garland table runner. I thought I'd get her one as a thank you for the last 7 months of living in her house but had little luck. THEN. Joann's had all their "Autumn Inspirations" 70% off and I was like "I'm in." Here's what Zina has on her table now....

All that was only $20, even the vase.

Numero dos:
A few days ago I came upon this blog which lead me to this post and ultimately to this tutorial. I fell in love with the little pouch and knew it was just what I needed to make to replace my sorry, too full bag with all my nail stuff in it.
Behold the glorious results....

The linen on the outside is printed with silver metallic (a sample from me old work), and the lining is the leftovers from my flower pillow.

I went from this:
To this:

It was really easy to make. I've never put a zipper on anything but I did today. The whole thing took about 2 hrs. but it'll be quicker next time.

5 comments:

TrixieDeLite said...

very cool! I want one of them there box bags!

Hoenes Family said...

Shelby that is awesome! Zippers are hard! Your bag looks like you bought it. Way to go!

Ems said...

sheesh woman, you are getting crafty!!

Unknown said...

ha ha poo! that bag looked like it was 'bout to explode!!! I love the new one miss!

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

Darling! Love this little bag and your creativity. Genius you are!