Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Turkaaaay Bowl!!

Last Saturday was the annual Turkey Bowl. I must say, I don't think I remember every competing in a turkey bowl and especially not in one of this magnitude.
There were 32 teams from the region (all the stakes and wards were eligible to play) and these people take it very serious. I mean... I'm athletic and very competitive but when I met my team Saturday and we started running plays and drills and I was told "no breaks till you get it right..." even I started to doubt my ability to live up to the TB hype.


But I mean c'mon... who we kiddin' here? Of course I dazzled everyone with my speed, agility and amazingness.

Somehow the church secures Husky Stadium for the evening and from 4pm on this place is crawling with Turkey Bowl-ers. 3 Fields, double elimination and a trophy. This is serious.

Here is our team "4th Reload" Not sure what the significance of that name is, like I said, I met all these people about 15mins before this picture was taken. We have Kyle, Art, Jenny, Morgan, Danny, Eric, Sam, Heather, The Shelb-A-Tron, and Coralee.

My Seattle friend Stacey and her Washington "mom" Laurie. They cheered for us after Stacey's Tutu team was out in the second round.


Action shots...

The team we're playing in these shots was a team from my ward. One of their players was talkin' a lotta smack so it gave me great pleasure to catch a pass and run it in for a touchdown which aided in our win over them!!!

Ward friends/the team from my ward. See the tall lurpy guy? That's who was big talking... so glad we beat them!
It was a BLAST!!! I'm fully recovered from my "almost concussion" and feel pretty good that I caught two passes that ended in two TDs and one 3 point conversion (girls get extra points). We ended up taking 3rd place overall. Not too shabby.

No comments: