Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Christmas Gem.

Alright ya'll. Prepare yourselves.
Today at the Everett Mall (if you're from around here you know that any sentence that begins with "Today at the Everett Mall..." can only mean you're in for a real treat. It's like saying "Today while I was in Riverdale" or "I was at the Valley Fair Mall and...")
Ok, anyway...
Today at the Everett Mall I was picking up some presents for Christmas and there was something special that caught my eye.
I don't even know what to call these... things. It was hard to pick just one or two to photograph. I really wish my phone had video so you could see the real beauty. And there were SO MANY to choose from.

While I was taking the pic of the horse one the lady came over to me and I had to pretend like I was interested in them- I felt dirty afterward. She did her best to sell me on one, "this one is only $22.50"

They're lighted from behind and have that starburst pattern in the background. Behind the starburst is a spinning thing with multi-colored spirals so it looks like the starburst is radiating. It's just a true gem...
Take a closer look at the horse one. Regular horses at the top then BAM! Zebras in the bottom with that convenient clock. Oh, and a bald eagle. Do bald eagles and zebras live in the same places?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i almost peed my pants. Oh my that is one of the funniest things i have ever seen. I'm so glad you where able to capture such beauty!

Hoenes Family said...

I want one! That is too funny. Good job on your pillow! You are quite the little Martha!

Shaylee said...

That is incredible.

"All you need is love" said...

It is so great to see you taking an interest in 'art'. classy. You could hang it next to your giant dreamcatcher.