Sunday, August 30, 2009

Her name was Lola

A little slice of heaven! Dominique and James threw a baby shower for Sierra today. We all work together and it was fun to hang out with a bunch of the girls (and James) outside of work.

This is Dom. She is HILARIOUS!!
James "Kiss the Cook" Daniel BBQ'n up our lunch.
This is where the slice of heaven comes in. Dom needed someone to make a cake so I said I'd do it and boy oh boy I was in domestic diva heaven!! I love doing stuff like this- it's just so good for my soul. And when it turns out something like I pictured in my head it's even better!
Vanilla cake with homemade blueberry filling and coconut buttercream frosting. VOILA!!


I made the cake stand too. Value Village + E600 epoxy = super fabulous cake stand.

Meet Sierra. She is so great and will be a fantastic mom. I picture her as the one with the little girl that has the most darling outfits on all the time. I made her a... thing with the baby's name on it. I hope she doens't change the baby's name because that thing took like 5 hours to make- but it turned out perfectly.




The cake actually tasted pretty good too.

5 comments:

Shaylee said...

Ok, the cake looked AMAZING!

Hoenes Family said...

Wow Shelbs, you are a modern day Betty Crocker!

It's Me...shell said...

Nice job on the cake it looks delightful! And the name lola is great it's my car's name

Unknown said...

delish! I love that little thing you made for Lola. It is gorgeous! You are super talented...I keep telling you this!

"All you need is love" said...

I'm loving Lola and I am loving that cake.