Thursday, September 3, 2009

3 x 30: Woodland Park Zoo

Yesterday Kacey, Olive and I went to Woodland Park Zoo. That place is rather large! We had a great time and saw some pretty cool animals.
Cost: $16.50 + $5.00 to park
Rating: Do it. Especially if you have weather like we did.






I was especially interested in the bears and the elk. I'm going to go on my first hunting trip with Steevo next month...



The classic zoo attraction: Elephants and Orangutans.





















Above we see the very rare Olive-us infant-illus... most likely found in her natural habitat of Bostons Gourmet or roaming wild on her floor.


Did you know: Famingos get their color from the brine shrimp they eat? I didn't
I don't really have much photo proof that I was actually at the zoo too because I didn't think to take a picture of me but I swear I was.

Later on I met up with some girls at the Wallingford Art Walk. It was fun to see a different part of the Seattle area.


I thought these S&P shakers were appropriate now that it's hunting season.

On Monday I went to Snohomish (a little country bumpkin town east of me) to check out the antique shops. There are A LOT of them there. If you're in the mood for antiques this is where you should go.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

I always love the Orangutans. Always.

It's Me...shell said...

FUN! I've only been to a zoo once in my life. I wish I had someone giving me money to experience life

"All you need is love" said...

Draft dodger anyone? pictures please.

Shelby said...

it's coming, i swear.