Sunday, August 30, 2009

3 x 30: Snoqualmie Falls

Due to a generous benefactor (who shall remain unnamed for her own protection) I have been given the opportunity to spend $30 three times a month on cultural/tourist activities. This is so that I can get out of my lil shell and really see Seattle and the Northwest (Ooo!! And I just heard yesterday that Wicked is coming in September so hopefully...).

My first adventure was: Snoqualmie Falls
Cost: $0 + $12.00 in gas to get there.
Rating: Might as well. It's a pretty drive going the back way and an easy walk down and back for just about anyone. A little steep but totally do-able.

This is a big beautiful waterfall that lives in the mountain pass on I-90 just before you get into the Seattle area. If you take the country route to get there from my house it's REALLY beautiful countryside. There's a big hotel perched right at the top of the cliff next to the fall- what a view that would be! "I'd like a room over looking a 150' drop please."

Elaina, her sister and their foreign exchange student went on the "hike". It turned out to be a 1/2 mile nature walk not so much a hike.
This is the top lookout next to the parking lot. See the hotel back there? Right behind my head.



Sign? We had to get a closer look- it had to be done.


It was really a pretty day to go, I even locked my keys in my car after we got back to the parking lot. I had to climb through the trunk (which we hadn't closed yet- thank goodness) to get the doors open. That was harder than the "hike".


2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

What a beautiful place! And what a generous benefactor! Could you send her my way please!? This will be good for you Shelbs. I am glad you get to do this.

It's Me...shell said...

Wow, that's so pretty! And I'm cool with a nature walk! hikes aren't my thing. And you're such a rebel. I wish I had such a benefactor.