Saturday, April 18, 2009

I've Arrived.

Ok. I know I got here a full 7 days ago (7 days and 8 minutes to be exact) but today I arrived. This great city I'm "living" in(I say "living" because I'm in a suburb but you get what I mean) has such a great feel and energy and life. The whole area the environment the weather- all of it makes me feel more at home after a single week than 26 years in Utah- 26 years today in fact.

This place is fantastic! Really. I'd recommend it to anyone. It's not too big, easy to navigate, beautiful and really feels like where I'm supposed to be. I'm so glad I came here and I'm glad I'm daring and brave- well, I am. Who else moves to a city they've never been to, where they know no one and where they don't have a job? (oh, I got a serving job! Isn't that great?!)

I saw my mom and Charlie today. What a lucky coincidence that they'd planned to be here this weekend and now I live here. Charlie and I hit the streets and walked around and got some lunch- he's so great! My mom got misty when I said good bye, I did too a bit. She's been my biggest cheerleader through all of this (and the other huge spur-of-the-moment random decisions I make) and it means the world to me. She's got a sense that THIS is IT. I'm where I'm supposed to be, which works out well cuz I feel it too. I guess mother and daughter aren't so different after all.



Today I received a package from a distant admirer, very much appreciated!! Thanks Steevo!!

Charlie and I spent the afternoon wandering around the city and talk talk talking.

Me. 26 years old. Today.

And of course, the fish market.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POO!!!!!! I'm happy that you feel at home there that is important. Nice job on the serving job. I'm gonna try and get me one of those too :) I love you. Call me when you're not too cool for me.

"All you need is love" said...

That bag of m&m's looks just about right. Fun talking to you yesterday!