Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Need to Post

Hello friends. I feel the need to just exhale, aaahahhhhaaahhhhhh. There is always so much floating around in my head and I rarely get the chance to make concrete thoughts of it all. So, here is an attempt to get some of them (mostly wants and wishes) out and make some space up there.

I would like more time. I would love to have only one job so that I would have time to paint, sew, build, decorate, run, cook, read, relax, play, and spend QT with friends. I get frustrated when I don't have a creative outlet or don't get a chance to work out. Having two jobs makes having those kinds of outlets a rarity. I want to be at home all day making all my wild hair ideas into reality. But supporting myself is a worthwhile endeavor so, work two jobs I must.

I would like to be more aware of the people in my life. I have this friend and she's very good at remembering people, what they like, things they mention they love which she will make a mental note of and buy them sometime in the future just because or for a celebration. She remembers birthdays, she sends cards, she emails, she talks and listens, she does her Visiting Teaching happily, and is a pleaser. Hailey is a very busy person and still gets it all done. I'm going to make an effort to follow suit and put the drawer full of stationary and note cards to good use.

I would like a new job. Period.

I would like to be more organized. Being organized is something you're born with- I'm sure of it. My big sis, Ivy, has been organized from the moment she was born- well at least from the moment I was born. As long as I've known her I have seen her bedroom messy one time. ONE time people! Seriously? I mean even her underware drawer is organized, row by row, the socks, bras and undies are all laid out in perfect order. I don't even mate my socks. What's the point? You're just going to un-mate them so why bother?

I would like to find my black boots.

I would like to live downtown again. I've got a SWEET deal livin' with the gramps but I miss my friends and don't like the 15 minute commute to work. Blah!

I am thrilled about the snow. I really do like it when it snows. That first big storm really changes your world over night. I like change. I love it. When it's snowy outstide that means time to pull out the A&E verson of Pride and Prejucice and settle in for 6 hours of Jane Austin bah-liss!!

I still love my new car. The excitement still hasn't worn off and I'm glad. The thrill of having something reliable is still going strong.

I can't wait for the holidays. I love this time of year as most of us do and have high hopes for a great season. For the last several years I've been working through much of these two glorious months to enjoy it properly and this year will be no different with plans to work on Thanksgiving to make the big bucks with all the die hard footballers watching on the big screen at Iggy's. But the excitement and magic this time of year brings still gets me.

I would love to throw a fabulous holiday party. You know the kind where everyone comes dressed in velvet and satin and suits and fancy shoes and has place cards at their seat. Where there is great music in the background and everyone has a date they're enamored with. I would love to throw a party like that!



5 comments:

It's Me...shell said...

Who wouldn't want to go to a party like that?! I picture a slight sparkle to the lighting when I picture parties like that. I'm way surprised we have yet to have a huge snow storm up here. I don't think it's snowed enough to even stick in the valley. P&P is always welcomed.

Jill said...

shelby i love your thoughts. keep 'em coming.

Shaylee said...

I really liked this post..ditto to all of the above (except the car, mine is far from reliable).

"All you need is love" said...

...that ladies and gentlemen is why she is my best friend. Well said, my dear. You and I must have the same party fantasies. We should really put such good ideas to use one day. We also need a period costume party(victorian, revolution era, shakespearean) with great dancing and of course you would design it all from top to bottom and michelle could do the lighting to add a sparkle.

Unknown said...

I've got Pride and Prejudice anytime girl, anytime. I would love to go to a fancy party like that. Getting all dresses up.