Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm gonna leave my heart in Boston

I'm leaving for Boston on Wednesday afternoon. I am SO excited for my Halloween weekend on the East coast. Not only will I get to see all the great fall-ness of that area of the country but I'll get to see David. David is a dear friend of mine from my ward back in NYC, (oh... I love NYC and miss it sooooo much). David lives in Boston now going to school and will be leaving in December to start a new job as a luthier in Maryland so I thought I ought to get out there and visit his face before he's outta there.
I'm about to burst at how excited I am to go. Maybe it's just to get away from work-ok it's definately that BUT there is also something that just draws me to the East, the cities, the energy, the culture, the architecture, the history. I have high hopes for a great weekend and I'm sure I won't be disappointed. We're going to Sleepy Hollow, NY for the big Halloween celebration they have there- you know, Ichabod Crain and the Headless Horseman? There are all sorts of fun things to do there. Maybe we'll dress up, maybe not. I'll be sure to plaster the pics all over when I get back.
Can I PUH-LEEES live here? The country. The leaves. The buildings- ALL of it sounds like a good idea.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It does sound like a good idea! You need to do it! I'm super jealous! Have tons of fun though and maybe there will be a surprise for you...getting off the plane or getting on the plane...who knows! :)

Shelby said...

Thanks Poo!!!

Hoenes Family said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. I tried calling you the other day. Hope you are doing good. scary fire experience!! Thanks for the nice things you said about me on your blog!

"All you need is love" said...

For Rizz Shelb, live it up! I am sorry about the "stuff" that is driving you crazy. I hope this trip can clear your mind and you can have fun. I am jealous, I want to go back east so bad. I hope J can get into the Boston Marathon. I'm calling you everyday...leave your phone on. Waah, waaaah.

gillar girl said...

hey shelby being at sleepy hollow sounds like the best halloween ever! thanks for offering me your leaves ya sweet pea. my tree is leafless though. i thought maybe it was spookier that way??? have so much fun in boston!

Jill said...

i can't wait to see your pictures? are you ever going to go back? :)