Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There and Back Again

Well.
I came, I saw, I loved every second of it.
I miss home already. I wish I were still there, I am getting worried about missing the Fall weather and the nieces getting bigger. I miss my man terribly already!

The drive to UT wasn't too bad for the first 10 hours or so. By the end I was getting a bit nuts-O. You would too if you had spent that much time with me alone! But the views were nice.

I stopped in Baker City Oregon at an RV park to take a nap and use the bathroom. Probably the smallest stall I've ever been in.

This is Betty. She's the Beagle/Pug my broski found wandering the streets in Vegas (don't ask me what he's doing taking girls he doesn't know home with him) and brought to Ut to give to my step mom Lori. It was all a big scheme against my dad and they won. Betty (formerly known as Hank) will be calling T-Ville home from now on.


THIS. This was the biggest shock of the whole trip. This little doll face had changed SO much since the last time I'd seen her. She was barely standing up, not talking, had that wispy straight baby hair when I left in April and now look. She's talking, has curly hair, teeth and is so so big! I just couldn't believe it when I walked in the back yard and saw her.


Here Jesse is putting his darlings' squeaker shoes on her 'extra wide' feet. She loved loved them! She spent 10 mins. running up and down the sidewalk listening to her feet squeak.
Then I went to Wyoming. That place has quickly found a soft spot in my heart.
It was Steevo's annual "Family Reunion"... (I've been told not to disclose the location of said reunion for fear that it will become overrun with city folk and tourists). Let's just say it was way up in the mts and there were signs warning about bears.
I had a glorious time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The smell of warm air and pine, the smell of sage brush remind me of when I was a kid and we'd go camping a lot with my dad and Lori. Those were THE best times. The cold air in the mornings and being too hot in the middle of the day, being filthy dirty and not caring (not that as a small kid I cared if I had dirt under my nails). Trying to widdle something but loosing interest. Oh, I love the mountains!!!!!!!!!!
I'd have stayed another month if I could.
This is Scott risking his life by waking up his little bro, Steevo the first morning we were there. I think he would have been better off waking up a sleeping grizzly.


Some of the crew on the first morning. Dorothy, Cameron, Mikelle and Logan.


This is Scott.

This is Annesley. One of the most darling easy going kids I've met. She loved everyone.

Here's a shot of the mts where we were staying. We rode horses, played catch, fished, played cards, took the canoe on the lake and river, rode the 4-wheeler, froze, baked, got rained, snowed and hailed on, fed chipmunks, ate great food and sat around the camp fire till late.


This is Leonard, Steevo's dad on Harley.


Steevo and his dad took me on a great ride up to Natural Bridge. It was A-MAZE-ING! Beautiful place... a little saddle sore after but totally worth it.


Natural Bridge. The river goes in that archway and comes out the other side. It's huge!


Here we are down under the arch.



Here's the view from on top of the arch looking back toward camp.

So, for Steevo's birthday I gave him that dark riding coat. He's wanted one for a while and with the help of his mom I surprised him (his bday isn't till October but that's in the middle of hunting season so I thought I'd give it to him early). Now he's one step closer to becoming a true mountain man. What a seriously HOT mountain man he'd be.


This is Fisher.


Typical camping things: Chop firewood, smell like smoke, eat food with dirt on it.

We played a lot of "500". Hit the ball, catch the ball, score points, fall into gopher holes etc., it was a lot of fun!!


The pictures don't really do it justice (of course) but the mountains here are staggeringly enormous! They take your breath away.


I made it down to the lake early one morning and caught this pic before the wind started to blow.

Logan and A.

The annual Scott and Steevo canoe fishing trip (+ one girlfriend this time). It was fun. More fun that I'd thought it would be. I've been fishing before but never really enjoyed it. This time was much more successful. I even caught a fish of my own. I was so excited that I just keep reeling it in and reeling it in till the hook came out because I'd reeled it in too far. I was too busy being stunned that I'd actually set a hook and caught a fish. But hey, at least I caught one.


S and S don't like White Fish and this is their way of getting them off the line.


Steevo and his "Brookie".



Here I am with the worlds smallest rainbow trout on the line.


This is Fisher with his fish.

That's Scott and Logan.

Steevo and I took the 4 wheeler WAY up in the mts. I was watching a pair of deer eye me as they made their way through this meadow all the while checking my back for bears. We were so far up there it was kinda spooky.

Almost to the top.


At the top looking down over the campground. What a view!!! And the mountains don't look too bad either. ;) I just adore him!!!
I had a great time. Thanks to Steevo and his family being so welcoming and loving! I am already heartsick for another visit.

5 comments:

Lissa said...

Looks like you had fun, I'm happy for you!

You have tons of fun pics but my favorite, by far, is the one where you are going potty and you took a picture of the tiny stall:) You would!

Naomi said...

That place looks like heaven.

And sagebrush is one of my most favorite smells in all this world!

tracy said...

Shelby,
It was so fun to finally meet you in person! Thanks for joining us! I posted pics at wetoatmealkisses.com, but somehow I don't have any of you and Steevo! How did that happen????

Thanks for loving on Annesley so much - she warmed right up to you.

"All you need is love" said...

It's no wonder why steevo loves home so much, it's phenomenol.

It's Me...shell said...

That place is so beautiful! and that dog is very squeezable!