Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Namesake

"Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Joe."

"Hello Joe. I' m Shelby"

"Oh, Shelby like the car?"

"Just like the car."




A familiar exchange I have with about 65.87% of men/boys/guys I meet.

This Shelby is one that pulled up in front of the restaurant while I was working and I waited on it's owner. I think he said it was '67 or '68... somewhere around there and it's all 100% authentic and restored exactly how Carroll Shelby used to build them. I've never seen an old one in person so it was pretty cool!

P.S. I went to the Carroll Shelby website and guess what. Carroll Shelby's wifes name was Jeanne. My name is Shelby Jeanne. I'm pretty sure my parents didn't do that on purpose.

2 comments:

TrixieDeLite said...

beautiful woman, beautiful car. It's easy...:)

Hoenes Family said...

Love it. That is a cool car and a cool girl!