Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Scenic-By-Way

Lastnight I thought about what I would be doing with my day off come morning time. I figured I'd wake up early, watch the Redbox I rented, get dressed, retun the Redbox then the bank.

I decided that I needed some thinking time and it was 90 smooth-sailn' miles to Canada so I filled the gas tank and set off.

The area just north of here is absolutely beautiful!! Rolling hills/mountains covered in HUGE trees, farm land, farm houses, little towns, lakes- all of it. Really pretty. It made me think about the path my life is taking. The Scenic route. I think I'm taking the long way to get wherever it is I'm going. I've moved all over the place had several jobs, done a bit of traveling but still don't have anything too perminant- that's how I know I'm not "there" yet. I sure am learning a lot along the way and am enjoying it (most of the time) so I suppose it's more like I'm on the scenic-by-way route. I'll get there eventually and as a bonus will have had some great adventures along the way.

Anyway... I got off the freeway at the last exit before the border (didn't have my passport) and admired Canada from Blane, WA. It was nice.

3 comments:

TrixieDeLite said...

What a nice way to spend time and do some thinking... love Mom

Unknown said...

You're awesome! I love everything about you.

Stacy and Blair said...

Oh shelby! Only you could have such a fun adventure. If I wasn't married, I'd be there right with you! i always thought I'd end up moving to some random place, just me and my stuff, so I love it! Hope all is well!