Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ah, hmmmm.... the following post is based on the pictures I have in my "Random pics" folder.

Hello from the soggy Northwest. It still amazes me how great it smells here- ALL of the time.

Below is a picture narrative... I guess this is what I've been up to.

I was on a run a sometime in the last 4 weeks and I noticed that there are miles and miles of Dandilions here and they are GIGANTIC!! See that one I'm holding? Massive.

Then they go to seed like this one did and become wishing vessels.

I REALLY hope that wish comes true!
Is this flower/tree Dogwood? I love it. I've seen them all over the place and have seen a few in UT too. I'd like one in my yard one day.

I had a little birthday money come in the mail and I bought a few random items.
1: Butterfly Flower lotion from B&B Works. Definately and impulse buy. I don't even use lotion that often but something about the smell reminded me of being on vacation.
2: Have you seen "He's Just Not That Into You"? If you haven't you SHOULD. It's great! The main loveable character has some fabulous jewel-tone purple polish on the whole show. I hunted high and low for it for a few weeks but to no avail. UNTIL the Everett Mall came trough. O.P.I makes "Purple With A Purpose" polish and I just love it.
3: I always get suckered into buying Martha's semi-annual Weddings magazine. They're just too tempting. Take a look at the length of the dress on page 50, bottom right photo. Beautiful!
4: Value Village had these perfect S&P shakers offered at a mere $.99/ea. I stood and debated for about 5 minutes and walked out empty handed. It's not like I really need a set of S&P shakers right? I sent a "you'd be proud of me for walking out empty handed" text to my man (I'm trying to be frugal). He said (without even asking the price) "just get them, I'll buy 'em". I went back the next day and aquired them. They're awesome. Thanks Babe!
Dear HP,
Is it normal for your computers to freeze up, end all programs in the middle of what I'm doing an make my screen look like that?
Please advise.
Thank you,
Shelby
On my trip to the Everett Mall I strolled through the bookstore looking for a good read. I always have good intentions of being well read. Then I spotted this book. Yup. Really. It's on the shelves at Borders ready for your perusal. Notice how well worn it is yet it's still on the shelf. It just dawned on me that I didn't even think about looking at it's contents, that's how serious I took this 'book'

Sea-Town from what I would think is a great make out spot in West Seattle. I'll let you know...

3 comments:

Naomi said...

1. I want those salt shakers.
2. I was thinking about buying the Wedding issue, too.
3. And I think you need to buy that book. Stat.

Hoenes Family said...

Glad you made some fun purchases. Too bad you didn't get enough money to buy a new computer perhaps a mac book!

"All you need is love" said...

send the lotion to me, then it feels like service, not impulsive.