Thursday, December 18, 2008

Unexpected Treasures

Whenever ago Andrew and I made a stop at the downtown Deseret Industries. (You know, it wasn't until I was much older that I realized the term "DI" wasn't the generic name for places like The Salvation Army and Savers. In fact those places are called thrift stores. Who knew?)


We left with a car full of treasures. I bought a pair of cognac colored ankle slouch boots for $4- something I wouldn't buy full price because I'm still working my way into this fashion trend. But for FOUR dollars? I'm in! I also got a pair of very near new Saucony Jazz sneeks. Like these but brown with dark orange accents. 5 bucks (Don't believe me? The DI tag is still on the bottom).

I also found a pair of BRAND NEW tasty Steve Madden red leather, kitten heeled, pointed toe slip ons. The bottoms were factory direct- seriously. They had NEVER been walked in. I bought them though they fit about as well as the glass slipper did on Cinderella's ugly step sister. I figured Jana might enjoy them... turns out Rhonda (Jana's mom) has found them a warm home in her closet.

As we were pulling away loaded with our booty Andrew exclaimed "PLEASE TELL ME I'M LOOKING AT THIS!! PLEASE!" On the sidwalk next to the car we saw this kid with his amazing invention.

He was more than happy to pose for us. You better believe that's a sub wolfer between the back wheels and a CD player between the ape hanger handle bars. So rad!! I'd definately consider trike-ing to work on one of those.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Now THAT is a boom box!

It's Me...shell said...

Oh that is amazing! I actually did know that they were called thrift stores. I'm lovin that Rhonda is rockin the red slip on steve maddens.

"All you need is love" said...

I don't even know what to say about that ride...

Liz Galvin said...

That's quite a score! I love the new sneakers!