Thursday, October 16, 2008

For the Love

I read something on a blog yesterday that made me think about the caliber of the things I post. She said "...but remember blogging really is about sharing insignificant bits that posterity will enjoy." Thanks C. Jane. I realized that I am very guarded about the things I write. I rarely allow too much personal-ness into my posting habits. While I admire and love reading about all the funny, uplifting, triumphant, eloquent, and inspiring things you and yours do day to day, I've not provided the same type of reading material. SO. I will do my best to share who I am and what makes me me from now on.

I'd like to start by telling you why I love you.

MOM: You still believe in me. You're always optimistic and think I can do anything. You have a beautiful home and yard that I love to see. You call me Shelbus
CHARLIE: For really loving mom. Always similing and a kind kind heart. You kiss me on the cheek when I hug you.
IVY: You finally don't mind giving me rides... :) You have a heart of gold and are loyal. You too call me Shelbus
CALVIN: You are a protector of all the women in your life... Mom, Ivy and I. You're doing great. You call me Shoby
DAD: You ALWAYS offer to help. You can fix anything and I can talk to you. You call me Boo Boo
LORI: You put up with dad. You love having all your kids together at once and are thoughtful.
JEFF & ANDREA: You let me hold your baby as much as I want and I feel welcomed when I come over. Jeff, you call me Shelby Boo.
JESSE: You're working hard to raise a family against the odds.
KRYSTAL: You let me give you a mohawk. You taught me how to play "Bodyguard" on the trampoline for hours and we can play a three day game of Monopoly.
GRANDMA C: You still ask me if I read my scriptures and tell me "remember who you are, we love ya". You let me give you a hard time.
SHANNON M: You work tirelessly and appreciate fine things.
JANA: You have an incredible talent of seeing the situation from different angles and bring up things I wouldn't have thought of. We talk a lot.
ASHLEY: You think I'm hilarious and we can still act like we're in 8th grade. You're like an iceberg, quite on top but there's so much more beneath the surface. You call me Poo.
SCUZ: Your creative talent boggles my mind. You're genuine. You laugh. You call me Shelbich... Shelbich & Scuz: Est. 2002
SHANNON: Your faith is dazzling. I think about what you would do when I'm faced with a decision.
HAILEY: You're so aware of everyone around you. You are a pleaser. You dance and we laugh.
KALI: You say what you want. You're real... and funny. You call me Sh-el-beeeeee
LISA: You're FULL of energy. You don't have TV.
ELLE: You're a fan of the Crutch Dance. You laugh at me and love all the way.
DAVE: You stir things up and I love watching their faces. You say "Ah, Shelb? She's great, you'll love her" to a perfect stranger. I love listening to you sing along in the car. You call me Shelb.
JUSTIN: You are always happy to see me. You give phenominal hugs. You call me Kid.
BUCK: You made me a close friend right away. We laugh and you give me your sloppy seconds. You always sing "Hey Shelby, Hey Shelby... Shelby...." when I call you.
DAVID: You call me for advice and tell me I was the best girlfriend. You're talent is jaw-dropping.
SOUTH: YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!
MARLIETT: You always have kind words of love for everyone! You call me Betty.
ANDREW: You let me call your bluff and you call me out right back. We can walk for blocks and blocks playing Catch Phrase.
RICHIE: You greet everyone with a big smile. You love so easily.
BISHOP J: You give sound, real advice.
GLORIA: We're both middle children. You have a great laugh. You want to know. I feel like we're very similar.
JENNA: You're avidly interested in my love life and think none of the guys can hold a candle to me. You still talk about Bro. Jackson like you're full of butterflies
TRACY: You're a fabulous cook and are like "one of the girls"

I've been blessed to have some really incredible people in my life. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

6 comments:

Christin said...

Shelb, that was so sweet! I love you too, mainly because your name is so easy to sing, and you love running all over campus looking for old beaters. I can't wait to hear about your personal life on your blog!

TrixieDeLite said...

Shelbus my middle child: You make me laugh, smile and cause me to burst with pride! Whenever I want/need to laugh out loud I think of this: It was that first ugly day when I knew that things with spanky were not going to work... you drove with me to Deb's house then I rode back with her and we followed you. You got to the stop light first and as we approached I looked over and you had your finger up your nose, then glanced over with that innocent yet wicked look, all to cheer me up! It did in a big way, we could not stop laughing all the way home! I will always use it to find my balance in tough times. I love you back

Lacey said...

We're the ones that are so blessed. Love you to death and miss my daily laughs...I use to have great abs because of you.

Unknown said...

I love this...let me tell you why I love you. You are the most loyal friend I have ever known. You are there for me WHENEVER for WHATEVER. If I need a good laugh, shelby is there, when I need a shoulder to cry on, you are there. When I need someone to tell my deepest darkest secrets, you are there and I know I can trust you. You are my best friend and I am so thankful for the day when I met you back in 7th grade, wearing your tied died shirts. I wish cherish our friendship always!!! I LOVE you!

"All you need is love" said...

Shelby,
You're family. My sister. I love you. Thanks for keeping me close; I need you more than you know. Was it the grateful dead, or a skull with a rose tie dyed? Either way, God Bless.

Adam and Lisa said...

Shelbs, I finally found an internet and was happy to know that you love me for not having a tv! Ha! Well I love you too ya know. I love your hilarious sense of humor, your amazing courage and independence, your talents at decorating, and that you are so adventurous.