Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I HATE Audi

Ok, I bought my 1998 Audi A4 Quattro in March of 2007. Since then the following repairs have been made:
Easter 2007- the starter motor caught on fire because the ignition switch was busted. $900.00
May 2007- New brakes. $250.00
May 2007- New bushings (whatever those are??). $700.00
June 2007- Hit and run in the Target parking lot in Cottonwood Heights. $1000.00 (haven't fixed that one yet)
November 2007- New tires. $400.00
Easter 2008- Valve job, new power stearing pump and bracket- $4000.00 (nope, that's not a typo)
And as of today- New alternator. $650.00 minimum.
So for anyone who thinks having an Audi is a good idea this is your fair warning. DON'T DO IT!!!!

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

Thats a BUMMER!! Sorry!!

Hoenes Family said...

That really bites Shelbs. I hope you can fix it and sell it. Good riddance! Have you written to the car company to tell them that you will never buy another Audi again and neither will anyone that knows you or the money you have put into that stupid car? You should do it. By the way, if what you say on your "I am a grown up" post is true, then i am grown up too. I can't stand loud music in stores or when people slam doors. Drives me crazy! Oh the best one that made me realize I was getting old was when I was with Taylor at the movie theater and saw a couple of 15 year olds with their hands in eachothers pockets! I said to Taylor "that is totally inappropriate!" Then I knew. I am now really becoming my mother!

It's Me...shell said...

That does suck. And we all know what happened to BriAnne in an Audi...It tipped up onto it's front bumper and landed on it's side. Well, I guess that was partly her fault for not looking to see she was about to run into a brick mailbox, but let's just blame Audi