Monday, September 14, 2009

3 x 30: Bainbridge Island

Alrighty then. Last week or the week before I took myself to Bainbridge Island! LOVED IT!! It was a whole day event and worth every minute. I just wantered around the little town center going in and out of shops and galleries. Really cool place. It has a lot of biking and things you can do too but I just took my car.
Cost: $14.50 (each way, with my car on the ferry, so $29.00 round trip)

Rating: Ab-sah-friggin-lootly!!



Here the ferry is just getting underway. Bainbridge is way back there on the horizon.
Note: When you go on this ferry beware that there is a shatteringly loud horn attatched to the front and it may go off without warning. (this pic was taken after I went to the gift shop and bought a new hearing aid and a trip to the facilities to change my soiled trousers)


Charm

Mora Iced Creamery. One scoop is about the size of a softball. DE-LISH


More charm


Oh, the charm


Ok. Esther's Fabrics. Probably my favorite store I went into.
Look at all these great prints!


And ribbon...

and vinyl!


I fell head over heels in Love with this duvet. I'm talking L-O-V-E, let's grow old together!
The lady said she'd sell it to me off the display in Oct. for 30% off!!! We'll see.
(I went into a couple art galleries. The things I saw deserve their own post. Coming 9/09)
After Bainbridge Island (the city) I drove 11 miles up this road to Poulsbo


see...

A darling little norwegian town right on the water.




Down by the water there was masses and masses of blackberries (not unlike any un-landscaped
piece of land in this place)
















Enter: My Dream House (or at lease one version of it)















Mt. Ranier. The mountains infront of this volcano look to be as big as those along the Wasatch front. Mt. Ranier rises over 14,000 feet above sea level. It's HUGE!!















There she is, SeaTown
















There she is, Shel-tizzle















Looking out of the ferry toward Seattle.





6 comments:

we share: said...

That comforter is Dwell studio isn't it? I have been in LOVE with that line forever!!! Did they have the whole set? I fell in love with it in a botique in Portland, but the sheets alone were over $200.. a little outside my budget... darn! How fun, I wish I still lived there and we could go out! Will you still be there in the fall?

Naomi said...

I want to go to there.

It's Me...shell said...

Fun! That town looks so cute! And I am lovin' that fabric. I hope you don't just see if you'll buy that duvet! Buy that shiz! It's beautiful! I'd do it.

TrixieDeLite said...

What a fun day in Bainbridge! And the trip up the coast to the little town was GREAT! Nice pics girly!

Shelby said...

Nope. Blissliving, not Dwell Studio although Dwell Studio is fab! (and yes expensive)

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

I love scrollin through your blog. You're amazing, you are! Love ya girl! Hope things are well in the downtown of Seaaaaahtle.