Thursday, July 30, 2009

The LOOOOONG awaited weekend visit finally came... and went- very quickly. Steevo and I have been looking forward to his visit to Seattle for weeks and it turned out perfectly!! The weather was perfect (not like this week- 100+ degree heat).
Early Friday we went to Alki beach. This was something Steevo wanted to do very most during his visit, that and the Mariner's game. (I think something is wrong with my camera...)



Here's the difference between having a grandma with red hair and not. Between working in a restaurant and working construction.

Steevo's first visit to Seattle! I was really worried that he wouldn't have a good time in the city with all the people and crowds but he REALLY had a great time and I was so happy. It was fun to watch him see things for the first time, things that they don't have in a little town in Wyoming. Things like homeless people digging through the garbage, or crazy people talking to themselves as they walk down the street or the street performers. He even drove us to dinner on Saturday night- in downtown Seattle. That's something I'd suggested a few weeks ago and he swore I'd never convince him to do it but...



The market. Of course.


Ride the Ducks. A perfectly touristy "To do" when you're in Sea-town. (what do you think about my camera?? what's the deal with that dark patch?)


The Space Needle.


We lucked out and had a clear day and could see Mount Rainier way off in the distance.


We had a great sunset (this pic is a little effed up... it's time for a new camera).




Awwwwwhhhh.... precious.




I kinda like how the camera messed this one up. We were in the Pioneer Square neighborhood before the Mariner's game on Saturday afternoon.


Breakfast at some little underground cafe in Pioneer Square.


I scored some GREAT tickets for the Mariner's game and since Steevo had never been to a real baseball game so this was something we were really excited for. He ALMOST caught a fly ball. Really. It bounced out of his left hand. He had taken his hat off to catch it but then realized that the ball was headed right for my head (I was holding garlic fries so naturally I couldn't catch it) so he stuck out his left hand to try and catch it. But those things are coming pretty fast and hard and it bounced right out of his hand right into the old man's grabby little hands a few rows in front. I didn't realize that it hurt his hand as much as it did till he leaned over and whispered in my ear "my hand really hurts". He had to hold his cold drink to help.


After dinner on Saturday (which, btw was FABULOUS, everyone should dine at The Dahlia Lounge) we walked around and surveyed the aftermath of the Torchlight Run that had happened earlier in the night.


We had a fabulous weekend. I loved every second of it. And better yet Steevo loved it too. Seattle is now his 2nd favorite big city.
Oh, how I miss him!!

3 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray! I am glad you guys has such a good time. I need you to call me and give me more deets. I leave for camping this afternoon and probalby won't have service until Sat. night. Love the pic of you two on the space needle. Kenzi loved the pic of you kissing him on the cheek. She said "look, she's kissing him! She likes kissing him" Ha!

Unknown said...

What's his 1st favorite big city? I love the pics...even the messed up ones :) gosh that really is a gorgeous city. I wish I could come visit soon, but I don't think that is quite possible. He is super handsome shelb. I'm so happy for you guys and I'm glad you had, and he had such a wonderful time together!

Shelby said...

Las Vegas!!!